Every two years, the members of NC Women United submit papers on the issues they expect to be important in the upcoming session of the NC General Assembly.
These papers are collected into a “Draft Women’s Agenda” which is used as the basis for the discussions at the Women’s Agenda Assemblies. With feedback from those discussions and additional information from our members, NCWU crafts a “Women’s Legislative Agenda” to be presented to the Legislature at a “Women’s Advocacy Day” during its long session (in each odd year).
We are pleased to announce the publication of the
- 2012-2013 NCWU Draft Women’s Agenda
- Shorter version: Executive Summary of Draft Agenda
- Addition to NCWU Draft Women’s Agenda: Convention on the Elimination of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW)
- Additional issue from NCWU member NC Justice Center: Gender and Unemployment
- I am a Tarheel Worker (NC Justice Center)
It is not too late to plan a Women’s Agenda Assembly for your community. For more information and key links for organizers see