NC Women United is a coalition of state and local organizations:
- Direct service organizations, such as women’s resource centers
- Focused advocacy groups, such as coalitions against sexual assault and domestic violence
- Membership and professional organizations, generally the NC arms of national organizations
- Government agencies, such as city and county councils for women
- A few larger agencies with broad-based programs, such as the NC Justice Center and Planned Parenthood affiliates
We are an all-volunteer group, supported by representatives of our members and unaffiliated individuals who support our goals.
Our programs focus on engaging women in North Carolina’s political process, encouraging women to raise their voices on a broad range of issues that affect all North Carolinians.
We do have a progressive point of view, believing that women’s equality is closely tied to public policy issues in the areas of
- Access to Health Care, including reproductive rights
- Civic Participation and Equality, including voting rights and protection from all forms of discrimination
- Economic self-sufficiency, including pay equity, access to affordable dependent care, access to education, and elimination of hunger, poverty and homelessness
- Elimination of Violence Against Women, especially domestic violence and sexual assault
For more details, see