Two year terms with some elected at each annual meeting in the spring. Take office on July 1 following election.
- Serves as a member of the Policy Council (with the four Directors for Policy) as well as being the primary representative of the organization.
- First Vice President, Second Vice President
- A member of the executive committee. Liaison between the executive committee and at least one standing committee. Recently have split responsibilities for the Women’s Advocacy Day and the Women’s Agenda Assembly projects of the program committee.
- A member of the executive committee. Chair of the Finance/Development committee.
- Maintains the organizations records. May chair a committee or be a liaison.
- Directors-at-Large. Six positions.
- Directors are expected to participate in at least one committee, and may serve as committee chairs.
- Directors for Policy. Four positions
- Fulfill the duties of Directors-at-Large and, with the President, form the Policy Council which is responsible for statements in the name of NC Women United. Policy Council job description.
- Five positions
- One year terms
- This committee is charged with the health of the board and serves as the nominating committee. Two members must be board members and two members must be representatives of member organizations who are not also serving on the board.
- As of 2011-2012, we are experimenting with a smaller committee of 2 elected members who can appoint others to help with specific tasks.
- The board meets quarterly, usually in Raleigh or Durham
- Calendar of board meetings
Nominations and Elections
At the annual meeting each spring, members of the board and the governance committee are elected by the membership. Please see the Board Recruitment Prospectus for background information if you might be interested in serving on the NCWU board.
Candidates for elected positions are asked to complete an application form:
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.