NC Women United (NCWU) is a coalition of progressive organizations and individuals working to achieve the full political, social, and economic equality of all women across North Carolina. NCWU works to build women’s power through grassroots activism, community organizing, legislative advocacy, and engagement in the political process.
To achieve full political, social, and economic equality, NCWU advances public policies and laws that:
- Increase the participation of women as voters, leaders, and decision-makers in the political process;
- Ensure freedom from domestic violence and sexual assault;
- Protect and advance reproductive freedom;
- Promote access to training and educational opportunities that lead to meaningful employment;
- Provide full and equal civil rights;
- Recognize and respond to the needs of women and their families for affordable and accessible services, including health care, child care, and elder care;
- Secure pay equity and economic self-sufficiency;
- Eliminate hunger, poverty, and homelessness;
- End discrimination in all areas of public life.
We think of these goals in four broad categories:
- Access to Health Care
- Civic Participation and Equality
- Economic self-sufficiency
- Violence Against Women