Monday, April 8: 6-8pm
- Reception at Sitti (downtown Raleigh) in honor of Kim Gandy.
(If you haven’t told us you’re coming, please RSVP here.)
Tuesday, April 9: NC Legislative Building, 16 W. Jones St.
- Building opens at 8 am for member organizations to set up in 1100 Court (first floor)
- Auditorium (third floor)
- 8:30 Registration opens
- 9:15 Welcome from NCWU
- 9:30 Updates from legislators
- 10:00 Keynote by Kim Gandy
- 10:30-11:30 – Advocacy Training
- Press room (first floor)
- 12 – 12:30 press conference
- Legislators offices, Legislative Building (4 digit room numbers) or Legislative Office Building (3 digit room numbers)
- 9-2: appointments with legislators
- Please schedule these in advance and tell the scheduler that you are with Women’s Advocacy Day
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have difficulty getting these scheduled.
- 1000 Court (first floor, to the right as you come in the Jones St. entrance)
- 8:30-2: tables of information available on the first floor – Experts in different issues areas and representatives of member organizations will be available as other events allow.
The chambers often convene at 2 pm on Tuesdays — so watch the action, join a group to discuss lessons learned from the day, or head home.
The snack bars in the basement of the Legislative Building and the first floor Legislative Office Building open at 7 am. [Note that the Halifax Mall entrance to the Legislative Office Building is on floor 3.] The cafeteria in
the basement of the Legislative Building is open to the public from 11 am – 2 pm.
Maps and other info
- Downtown Raleigh around the Legislative Complex
- Map with visitor parking highlighted (note map is oriented with North to the left)
- Floor plans of the Legislative Building and Legislative Office Building
- Tips for contacting your legislators
- Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
Check for additional updates on the Women’s Advocacy Day home page.