Since 1988, NCWU Women’s Agenda Assemblies have taken place across North Carolina, every other fall, so that women have an opportunity to express their views, prioritize their issues, and have their voices heard through advocacy in the General Assembly during the following legislative session.
We are now calling on women from every corner of the state to create a local network of women leaders. NCWU needs passionate leaders to coordinate the upcoming agenda assemblies for 2012.
The responsibilities are as follows:
- Obtain the 2012-13 Draft Agenda and Agenda Building Book from NCWU Agenda Assembly Coordinators
- Develop a planning timeline
- Recruit members for planning committee
- Provide guidance and organization to committee
- Explain time commitment
- Serve as committee chair
- Recruit women of all ages, classes, sexual orientation, as well as of diverse racial, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds to attend the assembly in your county
In addition, the NCWU agenda assemblies this year will have an additional focus of encouraging women to get out and vote in the General Election on November
6th. Join us as we begin this exciting work!
If you want to learn more, check out our page on Hosting an Agenda Assembly.
Ready to get involved? Please fill out this form and we’ll be in touch about the next steps in the agenda planning process.